A lot of people seem to have low self-esteem or don’t have enough confidence in their own selves. Most of the time, they suffer from inferiority complex which in turn makes them feeling lacking.
What they need is to discover their own strengths and interests so that working on it will take out the best in them.
However, the question lies on how you will be able to discover your expertise.
Some tips that you may consider
- First thing that you could do is define what is best about you. People have various definitions of the term expert. Some based it on the extent of knowledge one has. Others look for one’s achievement in life or how successful he has become. How about you? How do you define best in your own terms?
- After defining the term, you should also be able to identify how or why did you consider those traits or criteria to define one’s expertise. This way, you will also be able to learn how you can become an expert in your own field.
- In what fields are you interested in? Remember that inspiring one’s self is the best way to do action. Also, you have to be motivated to work, that makes your output more satisfying not just to the spectators but most importantly to yourself.
- Have you ever given the time to think about what you do best? Yes, you may be an employee in a company, but is the description of the job really suitable to your skills and talents? Your success depends on how you perform, and performing your best can easily be achieved if it is in line with your natural human gift.
- Feedback from the people around you may come as constructive or negative criticism. The best thing for you to do is listen to the positive comments and maintain them. Then work more on the negative ones. Focus on them, so that you can do better the next time.
- They say that experience is the best teacher. However, experience alone cannot do anything. Reflect on them and discover which are useful and which points to your weakness so that you may not do the same mistake again.
- Life is a constant learning, so never cease to learn. Accept all things as they come. Always bear in mind the saying about life being too short for grudges and other things that cause unhappiness. It’s also true to let go of the things that cannot be changed. This way, you are lessening your burden.
- You may have idols or people that you look up to and try to imitate them. You will never become the person you want to if you always imitate them. Create your own identity and make a unique self.
- Enjoy life. Your career, friends, family and activities are what make up your life. Cherish every moment with them because your love is also one of the things that is best in you.
- Evaluate yourself. Have a constant judgement about yourself. Are you growing? Are you leading to the negative side? An every check-up of yourself makes you strong because you are able to source out the power to renew yourself and take out only the best in you.
Question: Have you discovered your expertise? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Until next time……